Trump Big Blog Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Trump Big Blog Forum
Trump Big Blog Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Cruise Movie: Jack Reacher Review

2 posters

Go down

Tom Cruise Movie: Jack Reacher Review Empty Tom Cruise Movie: Jack Reacher Review

Post  Stargold Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:30 pm

First ‘Jack Reacher’ Reviews: Great Villain and Action.

Tom Cruise’s made headlines again this week (in a good way, mind you), with the release of the trailer for his sci-fi thriller Oblivion . However, he will be returning to theaters as soon as next week, when the film Jack Reacher – based on Lee Child’s popular novel One Shot – opens.

Reacher is the potential first installment in a new franchise for Cruise; moreover, it brings Oscar-winning writer Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects, Valkyrie, The Wolverine) back into the director’s chair for the first time since his debut on The Way of the Gun 12 years ago – and stands to offer a better idea as to whether or not McQurrie directing ission Impossible is a good idea. So, there’s a fair amount of reason to be interested in seeing how this film pans out.

So, in summation:

• Werner Herzog makes for a terrific villain.
  • McQuarrie delivers in terms of direction and staging action/set pieces.
  • Cruise doesn’t hold back and serves up a worthy performance… but for some people (including, hardcore fans of the Reacher character), he’s simply going to feel miscast.

Bear in mind, these are but a few reviews for Jack Reacher; hence, the consensus among the great critic community – to mention nothing of average moviegoers – could be strikingly different; though, past experience tells us that’s not necessarily always the case (see: the mixed first reviews for Prometheus this summer). If nothing else, these give us reason to be more excited about McQuarrie taking on Mission Impossible.
Stargold
Stargold
Admin

https://trumpbigblog.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tom Cruise Movie: Jack Reacher Review Empty Re: Tom Cruise Movie: Jack Reacher Review

Post  Alex58 Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 pm

I have not seen Tom's movie Jack Reacher, but I heard this movie total international gross to $190, 854,440 so I think it was well received by the audience and critics. I'll watch for the release of the CD and watch it on my TV.
Alex58
Alex58

Back to top Go down